Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fort Pulaski Soldiers Musket Firing - Digital Infrared

Ft Pulaski continues to be one of my favorite historical sites to visit and photograph. I always see something there that I haven't seen before to capture with my camera. On a beautiful, but hot and humid summer afternoon, my family and I attended the musket and cannon firing program at the Fort. Ft. Pulaski is a National Monument located near Savannah, Georgia. Volunteers dressed in Civil War uniforms demonstrate historically correct firing drill copied from artillery manuals of that era. Shown is one of the digital infrared photos of the many I shot that day while watching the drill. This image was converted from the Raw digital infrared file using Silver Efex Pro 2.0 Two textures from Kim Klassen-
Aurora and Greydaymagic with some of the texture brushed away from the soldiers and the puffs of smoke from the guns. For Texture Tuesday.


kimklassencafe

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love history and so your photo is particularly pleasing to me. What you did to it turned out fabulous!

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

kareninkenai said...

what a great opportunity; lovely composition and great editing. thank you, kareninkenai (TT)

 
Creative Commons License
Photo-per-Diem by Lynne Daley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.photo-per-diem.blogspot.com.